Permanent Part-Time Tax Clerk Position
3 days per week (15.25 hours total*)
*during peak periods additional hours may be required
Tuesday & Wednesday, 10:45AM – 3:30PM
Thursday, 10:45 – 4:30 PM
Must work Wednesday (There is some flexibility for Tuesday/Thursday)
COVID 19 protocols are enforced.
Salary Range – $17.50 – $19.00
The Tax Clerk works under the direct supervision of the Tax Collector and assumes responsibility of the Office in their absence.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Receiving and processing of tax payments, including online payments;
• Closing batches and creating deposits;
• Performing daily reconciliation of accounts, as assigned;
• Researching account data and responding to inquiries from taxpayers, banks, title searchers and others, at the counter and over the phone;
• Maintaining retention of tax records according to the Connecticut State library guidelines;
• Posting manually Certificates of Correction from the Assessor’s Office and printing and mailing out any added bills;
• Stuffing and mailing of delinquent statements, demand notices, etc.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities, the employee will be required to perform any other duties assigned by his or her supervisor, the District Administrator.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Personal Characteristics:
Knowledge of the operation of a tax department and its policies, practices and terminology is preferred, but not required.
Must possess the ability to use an adding machine, facsimile machine, copy machine, postage meter and other office equipment.
The ideal candidate will have cash management experience, excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to work in harmony with others, follow oral and written instruction and perform all duties in a courteous and efficient manner.
Associates Degree or extensive knowledge in Accounting from recent on the job experience.
Requires valid driver’s license.
Successful candidate must be bondable.
Mail of email resume to:
Westfield Fire District
653 East Street
Middletown, CT 06457
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer