Full time – 37 hours per week
Starting pay – $24.03 (90%)
Closing Date September 24, 2021 at 10 AM
Provides clerical, technical, and office administrative assistance to the Town Assessor and Tax
Collector. Performs work in a manner consistent with the town’s service excellence expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains and updates Grand List by entering, updating, and retrieving property
information and related data in a computerized information system. Receives real estate,
personal property, motor vehicle, and related property information. Determines property
ownership from deeds and transfers ownership on assessment records. Reviews
computer printouts for accuracy.
• Coordinates information with other town departments to ensure uniformity of
information and procedures. Provides assessment and exemption information to the
general public. Assists the public in understanding maps and assessment records. Makes
copies of maps and records and collects fees as needed. Assists elderly citizens and other
members of the public in filing for tax exemptions.
• Processes various exemptions, motor vehicle adjustments, credits, and abatements.
• Enters information into administrative database and creates correspondence, reports, and
other typed documents as directed and required.
• Prepares legally-required assessment notices and announcements. Observes strict
confidentiality in maintaining restricted records and files.
• Assists Tax Collector with billing, collecting, and crediting of taxes, including inquiries.
• Assists with the Tax Collector’s financial reports and banking deposits as needed; also
assists with balancing ledger sheets and rate books for the Tax Department.
• Composes routine letters or reports for review and signature of Assessor or supervisor.
• Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions; may serve as a member of
various employee committees; serves on working groups as assigned by supervisors.
• Assists in the training and management of seasonal staff as needed.
• Provides additional support for special functions and performs related work as required.
See full job description on the Town of Bolton’s website – town.bolton.org